May 31
2900 Foothill Boulevard in La Crescenta, the front window of the Republican Club was vandalized with graffiti overnight.
Big Tujunga at Mile Marker 0.38, Angeles National Forest, deputies responded to a call from a U.S. Forest Service supervisor that a man was not leaving the restricted area of the forest. When deputies arrived they were told that a family had been in the restricted area and was asked to leave. All but one of the family members complied with the request but a 25-year-old Arleta man allegedly became enraged and refused to leave. At one point the man grabbed his young child and ran across a river, then climbed about 300 feet that was layered with jagged rocks and heavy brush. He kept his son at his side for about 45 minutes while his wife climbed the mountain and attempted to talk him into giving her the child. He finally relented and the mother brought the child back down the mountain. The child suffered minor scratches on his face, arms and legs from the rocks and brush. The family had no explanation of the man’s actions. He reportedly had no history of this type of behavior. A family member attempted to talk the man down but had no luck. The deputies tried to get him to come down from the mountain but again the man refused. The deputies then asked everyone to leave the area hoping the departure would entice the man to come down off the mountain. The strategy worked and the man began to climb down. Deputies reported the man started to slide down the slope, and then would throw himself forward causing him to tumble down the mountain. Once he got to the base of the slope the deputies lost sight of him for a few minutes due to the high brush. When he appeared again the man, who had been clothed earlier, was naked. Deputies attempted to catch him but he evaded them, running in and out of the river along more rocks.   The man lost his footing on the sandy loose river rock and fell. One of the deputies grabbed the man by his shoulders but the suspect was able to slip away. The man then picked up rocks and began throwing them at the deputies, hitting one of the officers several times. The deputy used his OC/CS [pepper spray] on the man in an attempt to stop him.  There was another struggle and the man grabbed the spray. He attempted to spray it at the deputies but by this time he was subdued. He was arrested for assault with a caustic chemical, assault with a deadly weapon and endangering a child. The incident began at 12:31 p.m.
May 30
Godbey Drive and Starlight Heights Drive in La Cañada, a purse was stolen from an unlocked vehicle between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
May 27
Ramsdell Avenue and Foothill Boulevard in La Crescenta, a student reported that as he was driving southbound on Ramsdell on his way to Crescenta Valley High School he heard three loud pops and saw that the windshield of his car had been hit with something. As he was attempting to pull over to the side of the road to examine the damage he heard another pop and noticed the passenger side window had been shattered. The incident occurred at 9 a.m.
May 23
5200 block of Castle Road in La Cañada, a 19-year-old Glendale man was arrested for driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident.  A man reported that a truck had hit his vehicle and left the scene. Deputies found a truck with its suspension damaged. The Glendale man who was the driver was standing outside of this truck with a tow truck operator. He allegedly admitted to deputies that he had hit the vehicle in question and did not know what to do so he left. He also reportedly admitted to have been drinking since 9 a.m. that morning. The incident occurred at 4 p.m.
May 26
1900 block of Foothill Boulevard in La Cañada, a stereo, global positioning system and CD player all in one was stolen from a locked vehicle between 8:30 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.