Patricia Lee (Anthony) O’Meara

001 WEB

Sept. 17, 1943 – Oct. 1, 2013

Patti O’Meara passed away from complications of a long illness on Oct. 1. Her husband William Patrick (Pat) O’Meara of 49½ years was by her side. She is survived by her three sisters Evelyn Jones, Marsha Renstrom and Jan Conway; daughter Christina O’Meara Rogers and son Michael O’Meara; and two grandchildren, Justin and Julianna Rogers, all born in California.

She was always proud of being a native Californian, so much so that she had a license plate frame announcing her as a “California Girl.”

Patti graduated from Verdugo Hills High School in 1961 and soon was working as a waitress at the Verdugo Hills Bowling Alley. There she met her future husband after he returned from overseas deployment with the Navy. They married in April 1964 for the rest of her life. She and her husband spent their entire married life in La Crescenta and their children attended Lincoln, Dunsmore, Clark Junior High and Crescenta Valley High School.

Patti spent a short time as a hairdresser and as a waitress. She worked at Bob’s Big Boy in Montrose and Pike’s Verdugo Oaks in Glendale. In the 1970s, she began working in the banking industry. She worked at Crocker Bank in La Cañada as a teller and supervisor until they closed. Before her retirement in 2006, she worked at the California Credit Union and the Glendale Area Schools Federal Credit Union in Montrose.

She delighted in traveling with her family throughout the United States whenever possible. She camped, hiked, fished and often caught trout. She rafted several rivers, rode to the bottom of the Grand Canyon on a mule, flew in a glider, and explored mountains and deserts in a 4×4 with her husband. For more than 10 years she rode with her husband on their Harley Davidsons. Her sense of adventure was without limits. She dedicated much to charities with the Golden State Harley Chapter of HOG (Harley Owners Group) in Glendale.

In her retirement she could often be found at the Sparr Heights Community Center or at one of the local Starbucks chatting with friends. She also attended events at the Sierra Madre Senior Club and Altadena Senior Center. If that did not keep her busy, she would meet with the Red Hats or play Bunko.

She never gave in to her illness and was at Sparr Heights Community Center and Starbucks in Vons the day before she entered the hospital. Her strength set an example to those around her. She will be missed by those who loved her dearly.