Bank of Hope recently announced that the Hope Scholarship Foundation application period is now open for the 2021-22 academic year. As a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting education, Hope Scholarship Foundation is funding $150,000 in scholarships to select college-bound high school students graduating in the current year. Hope Scholarship will be awarded to a total of 60 students in the amount of $2,500 each. As an affiliated organization, the Hope Scholarship Foundation seeks to provide educational resources to bright future leaders in support of Bank of Hope’s mission statement to foster growth in its communities as Bankers, Experts and Neighbors.
To be eligible for the 2021 Hope Scholarship Program applicants must:
- Be a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Freely Associated States may apply.
- Be an incoming freshman at either a four-year or two-year institution
- Have a minimum unweighted cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or have earned a GED
- Demonstrate financial need and qualify based on income restrictions and limitations (scholarship income restrictions available at https://tinyurl.com/yxr5yhsm)
- Be a resident of following counties and meet the annual income limit
For more information or to apply, visit the Hope Scholarship Foundation page on Bank of Hope’s website. (https://www.bankofhope.com/hope-scholarship)
Applications are due by Feb. 28 at 5 p.m. Eastern Time.
California Credit Union in Glendale invites college-bound students in Los Angeles County to apply for its 2021 College Scholarship Program. Through the program, the credit union provides $20,000 in scholarships annually to recognize Southern California students who are motivated in their academic studies and active in their schools and communities.
Los Angeles area college-bound high school seniors and community college students transferring to a four-year university who maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.0 are eligible to participate. Selection criteria include academic performance, school or community involvement, a letter of recommendation, and an essay submission.
Interested students can find more information and apply online at ccu.com/scholarship2021. Online applications will be accepted through March 26. Recipients will be announced on April 16.