By Mary O’KEEFE
A house fire in the 5300 block of Briggs Avenue that filled the sky with dark smoke early this past Sunday morning was contained in about an hour by Los Angeles County Fire Department. LACoFD responded to a structure fire call at 7:15 a.m.
“It was electrical in origin,” said Bat. Chief Ron Larriva. The fire began in a lower garage that had been converted into a bedroom. It appeared that the fire began when a television exploded, officials said.
The residents were at home at the time. A man was transported to the hospital due to smoke and fumes inhalation. Firefighters contained the fire to the lower level of the home.