A company that was contracted by Southern California Gas was in the area of Glendale and Broadway avenues on Wednesday afternoon when a vehicle malfunctioned, causing it to become engulfed in flames. There was no natural gas involved; it was strictly just the vehicle affected. There were no injuries reported, according to Christine Detz, spokeswoman for Southern California Gas.
According to a city spokesman, the smoke carried from Glendale Avenue to the offices in the area of the Glendale City Hall causing the smoke alarms to activate. The offices were briefly evacuated.
No other information was available and Glendale Fire Dept. did not respond as of press time.