Nov. 19
2300 block of Dorothy Street in La Crescenta, a 61-year-old La Crescenta man was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon. The man attacked his neighbor with a two-by-four piece of wood because he allegedly felt the neighbor had tampered with his fence. The day before, the neighbor had found the two-by-four in the fence and removed it. The next day the man went to the neighbor’s home and was angry that the fence had been touched. The man became more agitated as the discussion continued and allegedly attacked his neighbor. The neighbor’s wife had heard the argument, witnessed the attack and retrieved some pepper spray, which she used to get the man away from her husband. He would agree to stop the fight, everyone would calm down, and then the man reportedly would attack again. Another family member had to intervene and the man would relax, then fight again. The deputies arrived and arrested the man for assault with the deadly weapon due to the fact he had threatened and attempted to use the two-by-four during the fight. The incident occurred at 6:20 a.m.

Nov. 16
2200 block of Foothill Boulevard in La Cañada, a 77-year-old woman was conned out of $7,000 by another woman she met at a market in La Cañada. The victim reported that she had met an elderly woman described as black, wearing a black dress and light blue coat at an Asian market in La Crescenta. The woman told the victim she had found a VHS case full of money and asked if the victim had lost it. She had not, so the woman said she wanted to go to her attorney’s office that was behind Big Lots in the 2200 block of Foothill Boulevard to take care of the found money. The woman asked the victim if she would give her a ride to the location, and she agreed. Once there, the woman got out of the vehicle and went behind Big Lots. A few minutes later she returned and told the victim that her lawyer said there was $150,000 in the VHS case. The woman got on her cellphone, made a call, presumably to the second suspect posing as her lawyer. She allowed the victim to speak to the second suspect who told her that they would split the money if she agreed to give him $7,000 up front. She drove to the bank and withdrew the money. She went back to Big Lots, handed the money over to the suspects. She was to go back to the “office” behind Big Lots to get her portion of the found money. There is no office behind Big Lots. When she returned to the front of the store, the two suspects were gone. She reported the incident after it occurred because she was embarrassed that she had gave the suspects her money.

Nov. 15
2600 block of Foothill Boulevard in La Crescenta, a man described as Hispanic, in his late 30s, about 5’5” tall, 175 pounds with dark eyes, was in the Connect Wireless store looking at phones when an alarm warning a phone was being tampered with was activated. The suspect had the phone in his hand at the time. He allegedly told the employee that the “alarm thing” fell off. While the employee was resetting the alarm system, the suspect was standing by another phone. The alarm was set, the suspect said he didn’t think he could afford a phone and walked out of the store. The employee then noticed one of the phones missing. He ran out and confronted the suspect who gave him back the stolen phone. At the time of the incident he was wearing blue jeans, a black jacket and black beanie-style hat.
Sheriffs looked for the man in the area but could not find him at 4:02 p.m.

Nov. 13
2900 Community Avenue in La Crescenta, the school resource officer at Crescenta Valley High School responded to a classroom where a 15-year-old boy had reportedly passed out. A witness reported the boy was suspected of being in possession of marijuana. The officer found the boy in the classroom passed out. The Los Angeles County Fire Department was contacted. Paramedics arrived. The boy woke up and allegedly told the SRO that he had been smoking marijuana before coming to school that morning. Marijuana was found in the boy’s backpack. The student was transported to Verdugo Hills Hospital. He was treated and released. He returned to CVHS with his mother where he was arrested for suspicion of possession of a narcotic. He was released into his mother’s custody. The initial incident occurred at 8 a.m.

2900 Community Avenue in La Crescenta, a student’s backpack was stolen from a Crescenta Valley High School classroom at 11:05 a.m.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.