The City of Glendale’s Public Works Department is completing work on the Canada Boulevard Infrastructure Improvements and Adjacent Streets Project. The City’s contractor, Sully-Miller Contracting Company, is currently finalizing preparations for street paving along Canada Boulevard, between the northerly and southerly merge with Verdugo Road. We encourage our commuters to be aware the potential delays and make adjustments to your schedules. In the end, we will have beautiful and safe streets for years to come.
The following is a timeline for work:
• October 20 – start of pavement grinding on Canada, a 4-5 day process, lane reductions with minor delays to cross traffic
• October 27 – base paving via Cold In-Place Pavement Recycling on Canada, a 4-5 day process, lane reductions with significant delays up to an hour for cross traffic
• November 11 – surface paving on Canada, a 4-5 day process, start date of surface paving is tentative and depends on curing time of base paving
• November 5 & 10 – slurry seal on side streets between Canada and the Verdugo Wash, streets will be closed for the day, please turn off sprinklers
• November, December, January – work will continue on Glorietta and Ramona. The contractor will clean up the work site during the holiday weeks to be presentable.
During this period we request the following:
• Use alternate streets when possible. Detour signs will be installed
• Leave early if possible – before 7:00 am from October 27 – 31
• Allow additional travel time for delays, which may be as long as an hour
• Turn off sprinklers from November 1 to November 11
Public Works has conducted public outreach to the residents affected by this construction and will continue to provide updates with the specific dates, locations, and restrictions when the work is adjacent to their homes.
For more information, please contact Kevin Carter, Project Manager at (818) 937-8256 or via email email@example.com. Additional information and a map can be found on the project webpage: http://bitly.com/1wz9mFB