Pollworkers Needed for Election

Posted by on Aug 25th, 2016 and filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

The Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk (RR/CC) Office is looking for people to work at polling places for the upcoming Nov. 8.

At present it is too early to know what precincts will need pollworkers, said Brenda Duran, spokeswoman for RR/CC.

“As we get closer to the election we will know more of a sense what we will need,” she added.

Those who would like to apply can request a specific area. Applicants must be at least 18 years old, a U.S. citizen and a permanent resident of the state of California.

Inspectors, those who open the polling place and are a type of manager, are given a stipend up to $175. Clerks, those who work at the polling places but are not managers, are given a stipend of $105 for the day to work from
7 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Anyone interested in becoming a pollworker can apply online at or by calling
(800) 815-2666.

As Election Day gets closer CVW will have more information on where pollworkers are most needed.

Categories: News

Leave a Reply


Photo Gallery
  /  Los Angeles Web Design By Caspian Services, Inc.