The week of June 22 – 26, 2015
The Angeles National Forest will hold five public meetings the last week of this month to discuss the development of the San Gabriel Mountains National Monument Management Plan and how you can participate in the process.
The Angeles National Forest is required to have the Monument Management Plan completed within three years of the Monument’s Oct. 10, 2014 designation. The plan, once developed and approved, will guide how Monument resources and uses will be managed until the plan is revised.
During the official comment period, you may attend one of the five open house style meetings, comment through email or contact the Forest Service for more information at: http://www.fs.fed.us/nepa/nepa_project_exp.php?project=46964
The official comment period will be open from June 12 – July 27, 2015 (45 day comment period).
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to bring your ideas, comments, concerns, and questions to any one of the scheduled public meetings which are listed below:
- June 22, 4 – 8 p.m. – Pacific Community Center, 501 S. Pacific Ave., Glendale, CA 91204
- June 23, 4 – 8 p.m. – Palmdale Legacy Commons Senior Center, 930 E. Ave. Q9, Palmdale, CA 93550
- June 24, 4 – 8 p.m. – Glendora Public Library, 140 S. Glendora Ave., Glendora, CA 91741
- June 25, 3 – 8 p.m. – Pico House, 424 N. Main St., Los Angeles, CA 90012
- June 26, 4 – 8 p.m. – Big Pines Lodge, 24537 Big Pines Hwy (at Hwy 2 Junction), Wrightwood, CA 92397