Glendale Water & Power is proposing an electric rate increase phased in over five years to focus on:
- Aligning pricing with the true cost of providing service to residential and commercial customers.
- Smart and timely investments in renewable energy to meet state mandates
- Upgrading and modernizing our infrastructure for continued service reliability.
The approximate system average increase proposed is 8% for fiscal year 2014, 7% for fiscal year 2015, 5% for fiscal year 2016, 2% for fiscal year 2017 and 2% for fiscal year 2018. Glendale Water & Power is planning on taking the proposal and Cost of Service Analysis to City Council in August 2013.
Over the next few weeks, GWP will be out in the community engaging customers through a series of interactive public meetings. Below are the dates and locations of our upcoming public meetings. For all information on the proposed rate increase as well as community meetings, please visitwww.GlendaleWaterAndPower.com and click on the tab at the top of the page labeled “Rates.”
Proposed Electric Rate Increase Community Meeting Dates
- Wednesday, June 5, 2013, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Dunsmore Park Community Room – 4700 Dunsmore Ave., La Crescenta, 91214
- Thursday, June 6, 2013, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Sparr Heights Community Center – 1613 Glencoe Way, Glendale, 91208
- Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Police Community Room, 131 N. Isabel St. 91206
- Thursday, June 13, 2013, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Boy Scouts of America – 1325 Grandview Ave. Glendale, CA 91201
- Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Glendale Youth Center – 211 W. Chestnut St., Suite 302, Glendale, 91204
- Thursday, June 27, 2013, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Pacific Edison Community Center – 501 S. Pacific Ave. Glendale, 91204
Join us for Coffee with GWP on Saturday, June 15 at Maple Park, 820 E. Maple Ave. 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. or Saturday, June 22 at Wilson Ave. Mini Park, 1101 E. Wilson Ave. 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. for informal discussions on the proposed electric rate increase. Our customer service staff will be present to assist customers with our rate calculator. Please bring your GWP bill. If customers cannot attend any of the community meetings, they can still ask a question. E-mail your question to GWPratequestion@ci.glendale.ca.us. We will post your question and our response on our websitewww.GlendaleWaterandPower.com click on the “Rates” tab. Your name will not be used.