2013 marks the 100th year for Bolton Hall in Tujunga, the beautiful river rock building constructed in 1913 to serve as a meeting place for the members of the Little Landers colony. The volunteers at Little Landers Historical Society invite the public to join in special events and celebrations starting with a re-enactment of the laying of the Bolton Hall cornerstone on April 13.
Centennial mementos are available in the Bolton Hall Museum Gift Shop, including the 2013 community calendar (shown above). This year’s calendar has a full-color cover and is full of early pictures of Bolton Hall, narratives describing each historical picture and special notations on calendar pages of significant dates in Bolton Hall’s history. The gift shop also has centennial logo lapel pins, children’s grab bags and an extensive collection of books about the history of the Sunland/Tujunga community.
Entrance to Bolton Hall Museum is free and everyone is welcome.
Museum visitor hours are Tuesdays and Sundays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. A program is presented the second Saturday of each month.
Additional information is available from Little Landers Historical Society, (818) 352-3420 or www.littlelandershistoricalsociety.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bolton Hall Museum is located at 10110 Commerce Ave., Tujunga.
Parking is available a few doors uphill at the Elks Lodge.