“Nothing is more expensive than a missed opportunity.” H. Jackson Brown
You wouldn’t want to miss an opportunity to meet a potential client, a new friend or to find out what is going on in the Crescenta Valley. A great way to not miss out on any of these opportunities is to join us at our next business mixer June 8 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Century 21 Crest, 4005 Foothill Blvd., La Crescenta. This is a joint mixer with the Montrose-Verdugo City Chamber, so there will be a ton of great people to get to know.
If you are new to networking or just want a refresher course, here are some tips to remember when you come to the mixer:
• Remember to bring your business cards.
• Prepare your Sticky Story© or Elevator Story. This is the answer to the question: “And what do you do?” Be prepared to give an answer that sticks with people so they can tell about you to their network.
• Give and Receive. Look for what you can do for other people first.
• When talking with someone: give your undivided attention.
• Listen more than talking yourself.
• Look for things you have in common.
• Look for ways to help people.
• Mind your body language: smile, make eye contact, be relaxed …
• Don’t stay with the same person or group of people the whole time.
• Introduce people to each other.
• Remember details about people you have met. Help yourself by writing them down on the back of their business card or on a piece of paper.
• Exchange business cards when you can help each other, not to gather and distribute as many cards as possible.
• Networking is not selling. The goal of networking is starting and maintaining relationships. Making a sale is one of many possible outcomes.
• Follow up and do it in a timely and respectful way.
Article source: http://EzineArticles.com/1627806.
And please don’t forget to eat out with us at our Dine Out Night on Tuesday, June 7 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Dominick’s Italian Restaurant, 2948 Foothill Blvd. The money helps the Mary Pinola/CV Chamber Educational Foundation, which gives over $15,000 in grants to educational programs in the Crescenta Valley each year.
Are you a golfer, or know one? Want to help local high school students get money for college? You can do both by playing in our Scholarship Golf Tournament at the Verdugo Hills Golf Course on July 9. Visit our website or call our office for more information. Hope to see you soon!
Important dates: June 7 – First Tuesday Dine Out night 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Dominick’s Italian Restaurant; June 8 – Business mixer at Century 21 Crest; June 17 – Ribbon cutting at Copy Network at 5 p.m.; July 9 – Scholarship Golf Tournament, Verdugo Hills Golf Course. Please contact our office for more details on any event. How to reach us (818) 248-4957 / firstname.lastname@example.org / www.LaCrescenta.org / 3131 Foothill Blvd., Ste D.
Julia Rabago is the executive
director of Crescenta Valley
Chamber of Commerce