30th Annual Montrose Arts & Crafts Festival This Weekend!
It’s a shopper’s paradise this weekend in the Montrose Shopping Park! We are thrilled to host our 30th Annual Arts & Crafts Festival! This year’s event is a full house with over 300 artists, craftsmen, food vendors, farmers, and musicians, featuring 50 brand new vendors! As always, all three shopping blocks of Honolulu Avenue will be closed to vehicular traffic to make sure there is plenty of room for you to leisurely browse all of the booths. Did you know this event is one of the oldest of its kind in the state, not to mention the largest event held in the City of Glendale?
Dee Ovendun, our Festival coordinator, started telling me about all of the exciting booths and I just have to share a few to whet your appetite:
* Fabrison’s French Creperie…www.fabrisons.com. These are the real French deal made right before your very eyes by a French chef! These folks are so good they even teach classes on French crepe making!
• Boobaloo. Hand painted seasonal wood signs with a major emphasis on 4th of July. You will want one of these for your garden!
• Strictly Vegan Jamaican Cuisine. Imagine spices, beans, rice and plantains in healthy and delicious street food! Gotta try this! They do juices, too.
• Mosaic Garden. Handcrafted, one-of-a-kind, mosaic tables.
• The Barbecue Wagon. Featuring smoked tri tip and pulled pork.
• Unfurgettables. All things dogs and horses in original watercolors and prints. They have a whole line of dog stationary featuring your breed!
• A Day At The Ball. Custom princess attire for your little princess.
And of course there will be tons of handmade jewelry, hats, bags, ceramics, artwork and more! And then there are all the stores, over 200 unique shops, restaurants and salons! As a store owner, I can tell you we all get ready for this event with new, exciting goods just for you.
This year’s festival takes place on Saturday, June 1 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday June 2 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. We invite you to come and have a “shop ‘til you drop” weekend in Montrose! www.shopmontrose.com