Harvest Marketplace & Much More This Sunday
Is it possible to have too much fun? Sunday isn’t here yet and I’m excited already! We have at least four major events all convening in the Montrose Shopping Park at the same time. There is something for everyone to enjoy.
• Wags-N-Whiskers features a dog walk to help benefit the Glendale Humane Society. Well behaved canines are invited to this doggie reunion to stroll Honolulu with their owners and participate in doggie contests and prizes. It’s one big party your dogs are sure to enjoy. Registration for the walk begins at 9 a.m. in the Andersen’s Pets parking lot.
• Kids-N-Kritters encourages your children to love and enjoy animals. They will want to visit our Critters To Go Petting Zoo featuring farm animals. The Wild Wonders exhibit houses animals from the wild such as snakes and lizards. Top off their day with a hand-led pony ride.
• Taste Of Montrose benefits Prom Plus. For only $20 you can sample foods from many of our area restaurants.
• Live Entertainment for your musical enjoyment will be provided by Montrose favorite Gremoli New Orleans Jazz Band. Sarkis will also be here with what I call “feel like you’re on vacation” music.
• The Harvest Marketplace will be loaded with farmers and vendors ready to fill your market bags. Our weekly neighborhood reunion is better than ever with California certified and organic produce, an international food court, live music, antiques, collectables, artists, and crafters creating their wares before your eyes. All of our vendors are juried to provide you with the best and most unique merchandise.
Mark Sheridan, our very knowledgeable Market manager, gave me some tips for smart shoppers.
You must visit Bill’s Bees. Their bees just got back from a trip to Fillmore and Lindsay where they had fun visiting the orange groves, particularly the fragrant orange blossoms. The much awaited crop of Orange Blossom Honey is in and it sells out fast.
Now is also the time for California grown artichokes. They are only ready twice a year in early spring and late fall.
Have you ever tried sugar snap peas in the shell? Get them now, by summer they’ll be gone. We’ll have strawberries all summer but they are at their peak right now.
Get ready for juicy Valencia oranges – it’s their season.
I’m so glad I ran into Mark and was able to pass along this great info.
We hope to see you all on Sunday! Bill – save a jar of that Orange Blossom Honey for me! I’m headed there first on Sunday!
For more info on Sunday, May 6 check out our website www.shopmontrose.com.