The La Cañada Flintridge Orthopaedic Guild combined its monthly meeting with a visit to the new Orthopaedic Hospital, established in alliance with UCLA and located in Santa Monica. A tour was conducted by Barbara Murray, director of Volunteer Services, and guild members were greeted by Dr. James Luck, former president and CEO of Orthopaedic Hospital.
The original campus of the hospital, located on Flower Street in Los Angeles where the Guild has been serving since 1957, is now known as the Los Angeles Orthopaedic Medical Center. The Guild continues to volunteer at the downtown facility and to raise money for Charitable Children’s Care.
At its recent meeting held in the boardroom of the new hospital, members voted to pledge $100,000 toward the installation of a state of the art outpatient surgery center at the downtown campus. Their major fundraiser is the annual Book and Author Luncheon scheduled this year for Oct. 29 at the Angeles National Golf Club.
Contributed by Marilyn CABLE