Veterans Corner

Posted by on Jun 30th, 2016 and filed under Between Friends. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

By Andy GERO

Combat Veterans

The Dept. of Veterans Affairs is pushing to get all incomplete applications of combat veterans reviewed and reworked. There are now three ways to enroll.  You can enroll online, or on paper with VA Form 10-10 EZ or now you can do it by phone.

If you enrolled since July 1, 2015, things are getting better. You’ll get a phone call from the Health Resource Center welcoming you to the VA and introducing you to all resources that are available, as well as give information about programs. You’ll get a letter and handbook and help to schedule your first appointment.

If you want more information, call the Health Eligibility Center Enrollment and Eligibility Division at (855) 488-8440. Additionally, if you are one of the many veterans who currently have incomplete applications pending, you now have a year to complete your paperwork.

As part of the Veteran Enrollment Rework Project, the VA is required to notify you about pending and incomplete applications to determine if you have been enrolled already. The “one year” meter starts running once they contact you.

For more information about your VA benefits, call (877) 222-8387.

Andy Gero is a life member of the American Legion Post 288, and the VFW Post 1614. He may be reached through the CV Weekly, (818) 248 2740 or write Crescenta Valley Weekly at 3800 La Crescenta Ave., Suite 101, La Crescenta, CA 91214.

Categories: Between Friends

Leave a Reply


Photo Gallery
  /  Los Angeles Web Design By Caspian Services, Inc.