http://www.yesongc.org/

Posted by on Jun 2nd, 2011 and filed under Between Friends. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

By Misty DUPLESSIS

Crescenta Valley Veterinary Hospital opened its doors and
welcomed clients as well as the rest of the community to its second annual open house on Saturday, May 14.

Dr. Tom Black, D.V.M. said he hoped to create a little excitement and give back to his clients by offering them an inside peek into the workings of the hospital.

“Many people come and never see a tour of the hospital. This gives people the opportunity to take a look around,” said Dr. Black of the open house.

In addition to learning of the inner workings of CV Vet Hospital, guests enjoyed sandwiches, cookies and cupcakes and were given the chance to win prizes and gift baskets.

The hospital was fully staffed for the event and the team members educated visitors about surgical operations, X-rays, dental care, deworming, blood work and the therapeutic process available for their pets.

Stations were set up throughout the hospital with pamphlets and goodies while technicians and vet assistants explained procedures to those who came through.

Many longtime clients brought their pets and had the chance to interact with new clients.

One of the highlights of the day was when the team had the chance to teach people how to navigate through the interactive Pet Health Network that was up and working in the four waiting rooms.

As patients wait for their doctor, they are able to scroll through the system and look at pictures and videos of the anatomy of different types of pets, learning about diseases and treatment from different perspectives. Guests can print out or have instructional advice emailed to them on caring for their pets from how to give a pet a pill to the best way to clip a pet’s toenails.

Dr. Black said that 80% of his staff’s work is to educate and the other 20% is to cure diseases adding that the Pet Health Network helps those not trained in veterinary medicine to understand all they need to know about caring for their pets.

Visitors also had the chance to meet the hospital’s newest addition, Dr. Keri Franco who will be starting at CV Vet Hospital in June.

“Everyone here has been welcoming and warm, so I’m looking forward to [working here],” said Franco of joining the group.

CV Vet Hospital is open six days a week. Located at 3254 Foothill Blvd. in La Crescenta, learn more at www.cvvet.com.

Leave a Reply

*


Photo Gallery

www.shoponceuponatime.com
  /  Los Angeles Web Design By Caspian Services, Inc.